Especially developed for applications in water based Paints, Rheoluc® PT products are derivatives of Guar Gum, a natural polysaccharide Galactomannan.
Guar Gum is extracted from the endosperm of Guar seeds. The endosperm is then treated and modified in a number of ways to obtain the Derivatives of Guar Gum. Rheoluc® PT products are manufactured by etherification of Guar Gum with Propylene Oxide and then modified in several ways to impart specific properties to suit a number of different applications.
Being soluble in cold water, Rheoluc® PT products exhibit a Pseudo Plastic viscosity profile, and are very useful in water based paints as they offer the following advantages:
- Good thickening efficiency in emulsion paints, distempers, skim coats and wall putty.
- Economical replacement of cellulosic thickeners.
- Enable desired viscosity profile by combining with associative thickeners.
- Enhanced low-shear viscosity for sag resistance.
- Enhanced water retention and longer open time.
- Ease of incorporation in water during processing.
- Compatible with a broad range of paint ingredients and electrolytes.
- Stable at wide range of pH normally obtained in emulsion paints.
- Excellent microbial resistance for viscosity stability during production and in-can storage.